...

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

California Love. . .10/11/11

My husband and I just returned from another trip to Carmel, California. Yes, we love it there. It's a special place for us because it was one of the places we went to on our honeymoon (well, Pebble Beach technically) but the two are about a mile apart so. . .

Anyway, there's so much to love about Carmel Valley. Aside from the beautiful landscape and weather, there's so much beauty and dedication to local artisans. I love the fresh fruit and vegetables, the local wines from vineyards only miles away, the locally owned and run restaurants, the mom-and-pop feel of the town and it's charming architecture. Here are some gorgeous heirloom tomatoes I found at the neighborhood market. We were there for cheese, bread and wine but still. . .at least I stopped to admire the healthy fare ;)
This sweet cottage below is a prime example of Carmel's cottagey feel. . .I can best explain it this way: Carmel looks like where the Hobbits would live :)
An unassuming and quaint passage way between streets leads to a quiet and private little coffee shop and eatery.
The Casa Palmero at Pebble Beach - this is where we stayed on our honeymoon. It is GORGEOUS!!
Never ceases to amaze me how vibrant and alive the plants and flowers are here despite the cool and balmy weather. Must be the California soil?!
These trees at Pebble Beach are absolutely stunning. It's like nature's artwork. I love the smooth texture and the perfect gray color of the trunks.
A typical Pebble Beach Cypress tree - they are sometimes referred to as "ghost trees" or "witch trees".
. . .and they are big enough to sit inside of. . .
Here's my hubby and I at Mission Ranch - a lodge and restaurant opened by my crush, Clint Eastwood. . .don't judge me for his age. . .the heart wants what the heart wants ;)
A beautiful landscape to enjoy while sipping cocktails and eating fabulous food!
The weather was perfect and we were joined by wonderful friends that we had a FABULOUS time with!
A gorgeous sunset. . .
I had to photograph these succulents. They were on steroids I swear!! You can't tell but they were the size of my head!!
Maybe this is a better image. . .
One of the golf courses at Pebble Beach. The lawn really is that intense green color. . .it's gorgeous.
An ENORMOUS antique wine holder at Georis Winery in Carmel Valley.
On the way out to Big Sur we stopped at this ranch and sipped drinks in the river. . .it was ICE cold!!
A view from Post Ranch Inn at Big Sur. This place was incredible. . .and incredibly expensive.
California = LOVE :)

No comments: