...

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Table Settings. . .7/19/11

The other night a reader turned friend/friend turned reader mentioned (over the best white wine mojitos you've ever tasted by the way) that she really enjoyed my blog last December about setting your holiday table. Her complaint was that I needed to put this year's out earlier so she could set her table the same way or at least gather her own ideas. I hear you Maggie Mitchell (there's your shout out love) and I WILL do as you have asked!!

The hard part in accomplishing this task here friends is three fold. First, I am often inspired (though not always) by the occasion. When a party is on the horizon or an event or dinner guests, I suddenly see and envision what I want my table to look like. It can often range from simple and country to chic and heavily center-pieced. Secondly, all my holiday decor is up in the attic. . .blerg :( I can however ask my husband (nicely) to pull down a few boxes for me and hopefully I can play around with things and conjure up some ideas for myself and for you!! And the third and arguably THE most important reason this might be a difficult task is that we are OUT of season (but not for long of course) and if I have an idea outside of what is already in my possession I wouldn't be able to run out and get it to design a new table setting for you. These are the roadblocks we are up against. . .hmmmm. . .what to do?? Let's offer this: I will provide four tabletops for you and we shall show them each in variations. Let's tackle 1) Thanksgiving and 2) Christmas (because they are both ahead on the calendar) and let's take 3) an outdoor dining experience (perhaps just for a dinner party or girls night) and let's try 4) a bridal/baby shower brunch/luncheon. In this way we've hit a handful of events and they can be modified as needed. I'll leave birthdays for another time because I'm a birthday FANATIC so this will give me a great opportunity for another blog at another time.

So, Maggs, since you were the one to request this subject and if you are reading this, leave a comment here below on which celebration you would like us to tackle first: Thanksgiving, Christmas, dinner party or bridal/baby luncheon.

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

would love to see thanksgiving!! Im hosting this year :)

Erika McKinney said...

baby shower - I'm throwing my sister's in a few months and have been sleepless, trying to plan...she's having a girl!

Maggie said...

I would love to see a dinner party first and then we can move on to Thanksgiving! Thanks for the shout out...sweet friend! xoxo

Emily Kelley said...

OKay, the bridal/baby shower will be posted at the end of August/start of September. I'll do Thanksgiving and Dinner Party in July/August and Christmas in September :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds great Emily, whatever order you do will be great since I can use all of them of course. However, the past 4 years I have been a guest at my family's holiday tables in Houston since I do live out of state. Even in Alabama we are eager to see your table settings! :)

Love you, Vickie