...

Thursday, July 7, 2011

A Home to Love. . .7/7/11

I'd seen it before when it first came on the market but my realtor sent me the link again in hopes I'd reconsider the home for our family. The architect/designer is exceptionally talented but his wife (the realtor) has incredible and impeccable taste as well!! They tend to team up on projects and I must say that the pairing works well for them! When I look at this beautifully crafted, designed and decorated Stonehenge Builders home in West University, I almost forget that it's not exactly what our family is looking for at this time. . .I look at it and want to throw out our specs and just move right on in!! It's that kind of admiration that made it pretty clear I had to share some of the more fabulous images posted on HAR with you. Take a peek. . .
Above is the foyer. The house has several details that make it spectacular in my opinion. The brick on the staircase steps, the incredible floors and the Aiden Gray sconces and lighting installed all over the place!! I also love that they made such good use of that staircase niche. The home is decorated scarcely but so well.
This is a view of the foyer from the living room. You can see the spacious dining room from this vantage point as well.
The dining room. I LOVE the table and the chairs. We have this slip covered bench in our home too but it's hidden for now because we currently don't have a space for it. . .until we move that is ;)
An aerial view of the lovely living room. The rug, the furniture. . .THAT COFFEE TABLE!
One of the things I really like about this living room is how much light comes in from those full floor to ceiling windows. I love cheerful, bright rooms.
A third view for anyone like me who just can't get enough. . .
Here you can see how the living room moves into the kitchen. I like it a lot except the kitchen is a little small and closed in for my taste. I lean more towards large open kitchens that are part of the family/living room.
The gorgeous kitchen!! I really like the choice in back splash and the lighting above the island. . .and did anyone but me notice the incredible hardware on the refrigerator?! I loooove it!!
A view from the kitchen into the adjoining breakfast area.
There's that fabulous bench again!! And the light just keeps pouring in.
This is the landing on the second floor. I wanted to show it because I love three things here: 1) the sconce on the stairs, 2) the incredible A.G. chandelier and 3) the magnificent built in shelving. I'm a BIG fan of putting shelves and built-ins in areas that are otherwise "useless". This is a great spot to showcase favorite family photos or beloved art and architecture books. The cabinets beneath are always extra welcome storage space. . .
This is the master bedroom. Great window. I like this photo because it's VERY similar to what I have in my bedroom - two large chest of drawers as bedside tables and, an upholstered headboard and white linen bedding. . .makes it VERY easy for me to imagine living in that room when it looks just like mine at home. . .maybe that's why my realtor keeps sending this home to me? ;)
A crisp master bathroom. Again, very similar to my bathroom only mine is less "fancy". We have honed crema marfil counters and floors with more of a Provencal decor and a free-standing claw foot tub.
Another view. Hope you enjoyed this walk through :)

No comments: