...

Friday, December 17, 2010

Details. . .12/17/10

In law school I had a professor who always said, "pay attention. . .the devil is in the details" and you know what, it doesn't just apply to legal details. . .take a peek at some of the little details around our kitchen and surrounding shelves. . .

This is a close-up of a dried flower arrangement - a combo of roses and hydrangeas (my personal favorite)
I found this rusted antique frame not too long ago and bought it with the intention of adding backing and glass but once I rested it on this shelf, I decided I liked it empty. . .
A rusted metal rose adds interest. . .
This crown is one of my favorite things in our home. . .as is the antique wooden rosary that is resting next to it. . .
Dried lavender is so fragrant! I try to have some spread throughout the house.
This antique Italian Florentine box is soooo beautiful to me because of the color combination! That blue and coral/peach look fantastic together!
A side view -
Another Florentine box. . .I love the patina on this one.
Years ago, I started collecting vintage silverware by accident. . .I just bought a handful of pieces and it sort of snowballed from there. If you like them too, just google "vintage silverware" - tons of hits come up at great prices!
I had to come up with ways to display the vintage silver so. . .
This is one of my china displays
And some mother-of-pearl salt shakers and spoon I found on our honeymoon in Hawaii
This is a simple vintage set I found at a small hole-in-the-wall antique store. I love hot tea so it's nice to have when friends and family pop over. . .
Another bit of lavender. . .TIP: when dried lavender is still on the stem, it retains it's fragrance. If the seeds are pulled for things like drawer sachets they are only fragrant when lavender oil is added. . .
The inside of one of the shelves in my butler's pantry
We have a lot of wine corks so I had to come up with a way to use/display them??!
I found this little set recently for $10 at an antique fair!! What a find!
A vintage glass and some velvet ribbon help me display some vintage silver. . .

What do you think? Email me pictures of YOUR home details. We'll post the most unique and creative displays on the blog :)

No comments: