...

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

la vie Abondante. . .10/20/10


As a mother of two small children it is very easy to lose myself, to forget who or what I am. Am I a mother? Yes. Am I a wife? Yes. Am I a daughter? A friend? A Christian? Yes. Yes. Yes. Al those things are true and all of them are blessings in my life but sometimes I wonder if being those things is really enough.

I was once a reporter in Pennsylvania, Illinois, Missouri and even here in Houston. I was once an attorney. I was once an antiques dealer. I was. Now I spend my days in the monotony of motherhood. It is the most wonderful experience I have ever had. I've never been more content than when I am with my children, but a knowledge that I am capable of more bellows. I am too often too tired to do anything more than what is required, I am too uninspired, too lacking in free time, too removed, too everything. I call it half-living. I spend a lot of my time half living and it needs to change. Now.

Starting today, on this new blog, I am going to share inspirations, recipes, ideas, scripture, influences and life lessons. I am going to live a full life or die trying. This blog is therefore apropos in title. La Vie Abondante is, in French of course, "the abundant life". I hope you will join me in living a full life.

"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it more abundantly." - John 10:10

No comments: